DC Mayor Murial Bowser, this week announced that the District’s indoor mask mandate will be lifted starting Monday, November 22.
According to the Mayor, residents, visitors, and workers will be advised to follow risk-based guidance from DC Health based on current health metrics and vaccination status.
Masks will still be required, regardless of vaccination status, in the following circumstances:
- Any private business that wants a mask requirement;
- On public transport like buses and trains, inside train stations, in airports, and while in ride share vehicles;
- Inside schools, childcare facilities, and libraries;
- Congregate facilities, such as nursing homes/assisted living facilities, shelters, dorms/residences, and correctional facilities; and
- In DC Government facilities where there is direct interaction between employees and the public (e.g., DMV service center; DHS service center, etc.).